Just outside the village of Vandre and ten kilometers from the historic town of Surgeres you will find our quiet French getaway with all the comforts of home. A lovely barn conversion sleeping up to eight people with south facing gardens, heated pool (heating in summer only) and enclosed front and rear patios, La Poulaillerie is a great place to relax. Located within the Charente Maritime and surrounded by fields of sunflowers, wheat and melons, it's within easy reach of Chatelaillon-Plage, Fouras and the medieval town La Rochelle. A diverse region with good beaches and excellent coastal walks, it's a great place to explore with family and friends.
- Open plan living accommodation - comfortable family room with open fireplace and CD player.
- Fully equipped kitchen with electric and gas hob, electric oven and fridge-freezer.
- Large bathroom with bath, toilet and separate shower.
- Dining area with seating for 10 people.
- Utility room with washing machine and fridge.
- Second sitting room with TV and DVD player.
- BEDROOM ONE: Master bedroom overlooking the pool and fields with four poster bed and ensuite (bath/shower).
- BEDROOM TWO: Second double bedroom overlooking the pool and fields
- BEDROOM THREE: Twin bedroom.
- BEDROOM FOUR: Double bedroom overlooking the garden.
- Separate toilet.
- Mezzanine with extra sofas and pool table.
Outside the living room patio doors is a lovely covered terrace with pagoda, grape vines and clematis providing plenty of shade. There is a covered terrace area with a built-in BBQ and a table seating up to 6 people. The garden is fully enclosed, south facing and provides plenty of shade and space for the children to run around in.
Leading from the second sitting room is a secluded patio area, with a child-friendly gate leading to the decking area heated pool. The pool is also accessible from the back door via a secure gate.
Vandre is a 15 minute cycle ride from the barn along a small track lane. The local town of Surgeres, about 10 minutes by car, has a good range of supermarkets, local shops, banks, restaurants and bars. There is a market every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday where you can practice your French with the locals.
Further afield you can explore the ancient roman town of Saintes, sample some regional brandy at Cognac or visit St Savinien with the miniature boats on the lake - fun for children and adults. The house has two adult bikes available (No Tour de France Stage Wins please.....) and there are lots of further activities to enjoy with details on the house notice board or on request in advance.