Situated in the Deux Serves region of France, twenty minutes from the beautiful town of St Jean d'Angely, is the small hamlet of Le Vert. Our lovely three bedroomed cottage sleeps up to eight, offers ample living accommodation with well tended gardens and private swimming pool. The cottage is ideally placed for walking, cycling, fishing and kayaking on the River Boutonne.
- Large living room with wood burner and double doors to a rear terrace area and garden.
- Separate dining room with wood burner and stairs leading to the first floor.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with gas hob, electric oven and fridge-freezer.
- Off the kitchen is a small conservatory overlooking a second terrace and rear garden.
- Downstairs toilet and separate shower cubicle.
- BEDROOM ONE: Master double bedroom with fireplace.
- BEDROOM TWO: Second double bedroom with large wardrobe.
- Separate shower room.
- Separate toilet.
- A second staircase leads to a third large bedroom (BEDROOM THREE) with double bed and two single beds.
The lovely rear garden has two terraces, one off the conservatory and the other off the living room. A stream runs between the terraces and the garden, which has a secure fence around it. The pool is situated in the rear of the garden with a hard top security cover.
The cottage is ideally located for a relaxing family holiday in the countryside with walking, cycling, fishing and kayaking on the river Boutonne. The river is a short stroll away and the nearby amenities are just a few minutes by car. Le Vert is 30 minutes from Niort with its superb shopping facilities, TGV and motorway connections. La Rochelle is only one hour away with its lovely beaches, restaurants, shops, chic boutiques, aquarium and lots more.
The name of the department Deux Sevres is taken from two rivers named Sevres. One is in the Niortaise area near Niort and the other in the Nantaise areas near Nantes. The village, Le Vert, is right at the southern tip of this department. Dampiene sur Boutanne is the nearest village with local shops. It is an extremely pleasant village with a lovely chateau, bakers, hairdressers and grocers. Chize, in the opposite direction to Dampiene, and has a bank, bar, bakery and newsagent. Aulray is the nearest small town with a supermarket and local market. The beaches are within an hour drive away, and include La Rochelle and Chatelaillon-Plage. Surgeres is a lovely historical town with an unusual church and ramparts. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and supermarkets with ample parking. The house has two adult bikes available (no Bradley Wiggins please.....) and there are lots of further activities to enjoy with details on the house notice board or on request in advance.